Honored for their public service, activism and innovation, 12 AFSCME members received the first ever Never Quit awards.
The Service awardees are:
- Rachel Cooper (Georgia)
- Stephanie Croft (Kentucky)
- Niall O’Shaughnessy (New York City)
- Anne Sears (Alaska)
The Activism awardees are:
- Ann Marie Mathurine (Maryland)
- Carolyn Park (Cincinnati)
- Percy Winters (Oregon).
The Innovation awardees are:
- Barbara Cooper (Pennsylvania)
- Terry Magnant (Wisconsin)
- Melvin Puu (Hawaii)
- Eric Wisner (Missouri).
Pictured above is Atlanta school cafeteria manager Rachel Cooper. "My job is to make sure that every child that enters that building has a hot meal, even if they don’t want anything but a hug," said Cooper.
Watch this moving video of Rachel Cooper receiving her award.