Volunteer Member Organizer
Now more than ever, workers are joining the union to win fairness, respect and a voice on the job.
As a Volunteer Member Organizer (VMO) you can help your fellow public service workers protect their rights and build a real future for their families.
Volunteer Member Organizers (VMOs) are vital to our union’s organizing and “fight back” efforts.
- When members speak about how AFSCME makes a difference in their work and personal lives, you are a powerful force for defending and building our union.
- The VMO program trains union members so that they can successfully reach out to co-workers and their communities to join together and stand up for our union and our democratic values.
- Growing our union will make AFSCME stronger at the bargaining table and in the ballot box. It will help us unite for fair pay, benefits and respect, and stop the attacks.
VMOs Inspire, Lead and Encourage through the organizing techniques they learn at AFSCME trainings and through direct practice in partnership with an experienced organizer.
Has being an AFSCME member made a difference in your life?
- Can you volunteer after work or on weekends?
- Are you outgoing?
- Do you want to stand for justice?
Become a VMO!
For further information, please contact the AFSCME Organizing department at (202) 429-1260.